All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lovely Garlic Scapes

 

I love the look of garlic scapes!  It's hard to capture their beauty.... 
 
But, not only are they beautiful and intriguing to look at, they are delicious too, something I'm just learning.  Last year I waited to long to cut them because I wanted to feature them in a dinner I was hosting, and the year before I didn't even know that's what you are are supposed to do; I thought you were supposed to simply enjoy looking at them!  Apparently you're to clip them so the garlic can devote its energy into producing the bulb instead of this beautiful scape. 
 
This year I'm determined to enjoy them fully!
Last night I used one in the place of a garlic clove in this Chicken Caesar Salad recipe - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment