All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Local In Season Delights


My long-time friends Julia & Alan came for dinner on the patio last night.  They enjoy food and the in-season approach as much as I do, so it was a delight to cook for them.  In keeping with the "Local, In-Season" theme, Alan brought this fabulous bouquet of flowers from their garden - it looked like it was straight out of a Martha Stewart Living magazine (it certainly beats imported flowers from the florist!).  It's so frustrating not to be able to capture the beauty of his arrangement with my camera....  Here are a few more shots:







These dear friends were great about allowing me to try out some new recipes on them, and they even brought a few produce ingredients that I didn't have available in my garden at the moment (fresh asparagus from Julia's garden, radishes from their weekly CSA drop, and hull peas from the local market where Julia shops).  Julia & Alan shelled the peas while I did food prep.  They also brought some local wine in keeping with the theme.





The Menu:

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Sugar Snap Peas

Wine


What an enjoyable evening!  All the ingredients (except for a few lemons!) came from our gardens or local sources; I love that concept!!  Julia and Alan were also gracious about allowing me to give them the garden tour.  Can't wait to do it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment