All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Saturday, January 7, 2012

T-shirt Quilts!

My younger sister has quite the T-shirt collection, or should I say, had!  She  generously commissioned me to make 6, yes six t-shirt quilts for her.  The great thing about her collection is that it resulted in six different theme quilts.  (I had to take back all my obnoxious comments about her inability to get rid of outdated clothes, because it certainly paid off in this case!!) 
 
Here are the four quilts I finished just before Christmas; I didn't have a chance to take pictures until today - an unusually warm winter day.
 
 
First is the Olympics quilt.
Since all the T-shirts for this quilt were white, it made sense to add sashing and borders out of blue denim, plus it made the quilt a bit bigger since it only had nine blocks.

 
The backing fabric was perfect...

 
.. for tying everything together

 

 
Next up - Snoopy!  Alison has been a Snoopy fan for as long as I can remember.

 
I love the addition of this shirt.  :)

 
We appliqued the front of an entire baseball jersey-style shirt on the back.
 
 
Again, the backing fabric is perfect.
 (Sorry to make you turn your head sideways - I have absolutely no idea why this picture refuses to allow me to rotate it properly!)

 
Quilt # 3 is a travel theme,

 
The Route 66 backing fabric is right in line with the travel theme.
(Again, sorry to make you turn your head sideways!!)
 
 
And quilt #4 is comprised of all the "Bike to the Bay" T-shirts she accumulated from participating in this special fund raiser over the years. 
The backing fabric is a plain royal blue.
 
I still have two more to go - one will be comprised of concert tees, and the other is all the leftover shirts that didn't fit into one of the above categories.
 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment