All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Monday, December 26, 2011

2011 Christmas Memory Ornaments


Hands down, this is my favorite ornament for 2011!!  My nephew gave it to me for Christmas, commemorating our shared love of pomegranates.  We discovered this line of Christmas ornaments last spring at Shady Maple's gift shop; each one is a vegetable recreated as an adorable animal.  We oohed and aahed over every single one!  I had bought a little banana-octopus ornament for Ricky for his present, and he in turn surprised me with this delightful pomegranate bird. 


I love the detailing, including the turned-up tail which reveals the luscious pomegranate seeds inside,


and the fun little crown on his head.  :)



This was the animal/vegetable ornament I had selected for myself that day.  It's perfect - 2011 marked my first-ever garlic harvest, so this ornament helps me remember that milestone for me wonderfully.



I absolutely love Old World ornaments.  And, to find an acorn squash sealed the deal!  This was my first year for growing this fun little squash, so I was delighted to add this ornament to my collection.



Last, I purchased this lovely little lighthouse lantern ornament at the Heceta Head lighthouse on the Oregon coast this summer.  I will never forget that fabulous vacation....



Our family hosted an AFS exchange student from Thailand during the 1977-1978 school year.  He sent each of us children a tissue box cover with these elephants stitched on them last Christmas.  I decided to turn it into an ornament instead, and it serves as a reminder of his time with our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment