All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Sunday, November 13, 2011

This Little Pumpkin...

... (the one in the top left corner)...


 ...became supper tonight!





I grew these little ("Little" being the operative word; every variety of winter squash I grew this year could be described as little or miniature - still not sure why!) pumpkins this summer since they are considered to be a nice pumpkin for eating. 


 But, what to do with them other than using them for soup (Julia's delicious Curried Pumpkin Mushroom Soup) or a yummy dessert (Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Roll, Pumpkin Creme Brulee...)??  I was determined to find some new-to-me ways to use the healthful pumpkins in my cooking.  This recipe was a great option.   These little Sugar Pumpkins are nice if you need a small amount of pumpkin for a recipe, and they're easy to peel.  Much less of an ordeal than cooking down a large neck pumpkin.... 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment