All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter to Me



My family is at the Outer Banks celebrating Easter this year, so it was up to me to create some Easter memories for myself today!
First, I pulled out my Easter basket from when I was a kid, my name tag in my mother's handwriting still intact, and filled it with some special Easter goodies.


Then, I hard cooked some eggs for dying. 



I've never tried coloring brown eggs before, but they worked nicely!




Of course the hues are different and I didn't attempt anything creative like last year, but I think they look lovely with my vintage Easter basket.


Then, I made some butter, a recent Easter tradition for me.  I know it sounds goofy, but I find something very spiritual about making butter on Easter Sunday - creating something luscious from grass-fed raw milk cream, the beautiful yellow color on a glorious spring day, the anticipation of an abundant life because of what Christ has done....


No comments:

Post a Comment