All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Knitted Dishcloths



I love knitted dishcloths made out of 100% cotton yarn!  In fact, I love knitting them, love looking at them, love using them, and love giving them to kindred spirits who are as in love with them as I am.   


They make wonderful little gifts. 

There's just something soothing about the process of knitting them - the cushy yarn is so comforting.  Maybe because my mom knitted them and gave me the directions??
I often tuck my knitting in my airport carry-on or take it along when riding in the passenger seat of a car.  I have to admit that it is embarrassing when someone asks, "What are you knitting?"  Somehow, the answer "dishcloth" isn't very glamorous or creative, and certainly doesn't dispel the old maid image.  But, I still love knitting them, love looking at them, love using them, and love giving them away.



I just bought a new shade of yarn yesterday.  :)

Here are the instructions:

1 ball Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn (important - must be 100% cotton!)
#8 knitting needles

Cast on 4 stitches.
Knit first row
To begin increasing:
Knit 2 stitches, yarn over, knit rest of row.
Repeat last row to 45-50 stitches.
To begin decreasing:
Knit 1, knit 2 stitches together, yarn over, knit 2 together, knit rest of row.
Repeat until 4 stitches left.
Cast off.


No comments:

Post a Comment