All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Great Grains for Breakfast


OK, after eating CRAPP (spelled with 2 P's for emphasis!) for the entire month of December and into January, it is time to get back on track!  It was fun to eat chocolates and cookies and enjoy all the holiday food, but I do believe in and enjoy eating whole foods.  So, I'm ready to eat real food again.  No more white flour and refined sugar every day! 

The January issue of Martha Stewart Living magazine featured an article on whole-grains for breakfast - perfect timing!  I tried the steel-cut oats with pomegranates and pumpkins seeds - wonderful!  I didn't even need to add sugar.  It's beautiful and flavorful, and oh so simple, not to mention inexpensive.  I want to try the quinoa, millet, barley and wheat berries as well.  I had been eating my granola with homemade raw milk yogurt for breakfast, but was ready to try something different.  And, warm oatmeal is comforting on these cold winter mornings.

Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment