All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Aerating


No, I did not just post a picture of dog dirt on my blog!  Instead, this is the cool by product of a successful aerating job!


Aerating is a great way to improve the health of your lawn without chemicals, and fall is the best time of year to tackle it.  My neighbors next door are committed to a chemical-free lawn, so they again coordinated renting an aerator for the day and splitting the cost with any neighbor who was willing to expend some energy.  It's such a cheap alternative to having it professionally done.  My next-door neighbor was also kind enough to do the grunt work for me; in return, I paid his share of the rental fee - now that's a deal!!  This year since the soil was so dry, we had to soak the ground with sprinklers ahead of time; otherwise the aerator spikes won't penetrate the soil sufficiently, and we wouldn't have gotten much benefit from process.

Looking forward to a greener, lusher lawn in 4-6 weeks without any chemical regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment