All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chicago at Last!



After numerous trips to CTCA and viewing Chicago only from the air, I finally had a chance to actually see the city up close. How fun! I was surprised by how clean and safe it felt, and how relatively inexpensive things were. We took the train from Waukegan into the city, then did a bus tour. I feel like I now have a good working knowledge of the train and how to get around the city, so I'm eager to check out some more spots the next time I'm there (in 6 months), including the Navy Pier. And, did you know that Chicago was nicknamed "The Windy City" not for the wind but for the politicians and city boosters who were full of "hot air." :)

1 comment:

  1. Andrea,

    With David going to Wheaton for college in the 80's we have had several opportunities to return and spend time in Chicago. It is indeed a beautiful city and actually "windy" in terms of weather too at times. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy it more in the future! The photo shots are fabulous!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete