All Things Andrea

All Things Andrea

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ushering in the New Year



I've always wanted to host a formal New Year's Eve dinner party, but at this stage of life, most of my friends have family commitments or are just too tired to enjoy such an evening.  But, this year I was determined to round up some people who could celebrate with me.  I envisioned an evening of feasting with friends, much like what I look forward to when we arrive in heaven.  It ended up being only seven of us, but it was the perfect number for intimate dining.


The menu:

Appetizers:
Flat bread with Parsley Pesto
Assorted wines

Main Course:
Rolls with Butter and Green Pepper Jam

Dessert:
Coffee & Tea




It was a fun evening - everyone was so relaxed and enjoyed each other's company   (Most likely the wine had something to do with that!).  I hope to do it again another year!


No comments:

Post a Comment